Purchasing the right gun safe is important for anyone who owns at least one firearm. After all, without a place to store them securely, there is a real danger that these guns might be stolen or that children might find them and have a tragic accident. There are almost as many options for gun safes as there are for gun models, but biometric gun safes offer distinct advantages that should not be ignored when one is in the market to purchase a safe.
All safes have locks that are supposed to keep out anyone who does not know the combination or who does not have a key to the storage unit. Much of the time, a combination or key-lock safe is sufficient to keep others away from a person's guns, but there is still a risk that a safecracker will be able to guess the combination or otherwise break into the safe. With a biometric gun safe, the chances of this happening are much lower. This is due to the unique locking mechanisms that are found on safes with biometric locks.
Most of the time a biometric safe will need a key or combination for opening the safe, but this key or combination will have to be used in concert with a biometric identifier like a fingerprint. A fingerprint gun safe, for instance, will require any person who wants to open the safe to place their hand on a special pad in order to open the door. If the fingerprint of the hand placed on the pad does not match that which has been programmed to open the safe, then the door will not open. The advantages for this kind of lock are obvious. While it is possible to crack a safe's lock if it is tied solely to a key or combination, it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to fool the finger pad. Fingerprints are unique to each individual and not easily faked, adding an extra layer of security to the storage safe. The potential thief might have everything else needed to open the gun safe, but without the right fingerprint, any effort to break in and steal the guns will be fruitless.
Biometric gun safes are therefore an obvious choice for those persons or institutions that require a good deal of security for their firearms. Those who often host guests in their home may want to consider seriously a fingerprint safe, due to the increased risk for theft to their guns. Collectors of rare guns will be especially interested in biometric locks so that they do not lose their rare and treasured collector's items in the case of a break-in or other problem. Given that many kids are particularly savvy when it comes to technology these days, a biometric gun safe is also a logical choice for those who have children at home, as the biometric lock makes it far less likely that the child will be able to crack the safe's electronic code or traditional combination lock.
It is clear that biometric safes have many advantages, and it is wise to consider them seriously before making a gun safe purchase. For more information on these storage solutions and to find biometric gun safes for sale online, please consult the following resources:
- Gun Locking Devices: Learn more about how to properly store guns and the
- Avid Biometrics: Avid Biometrics has a good selection of biometric and fingerprint-keyed safes.
- Fingerprint Pistol Box: This is a good biometric safe choice for those who want a small safe for their pistols.
- Biometric Gun Safe: Gunsafes.com has several different biometric gun safe models for sale here.
- Biometric Gun Safe Selection: Several good biometric gun safes for pistols and rifles are on sale on this site.
- Dean Safe: Biometric Gun Safes: The Dean Safe company has several biometric gun safes to meet the needs especially of pistol owners.
- Fingerprint Door Locks: On this site, gun enthusiasts can choose from many different biometric safes that have locks keyed to its owner's fingerprints.
- Fingerprint Safes: Discount Home Office has several different biometric gun safes for sale, many of which can be programmed to allow several people access to these safes.
- Lock SAF Personal Biometric Safe: This is a good, small biometric safe for pistols and other valuables.
- GunVault: Biometric Gun Safes: Different biometric gun safes are offered for sale on this page.